DIFFERENT SKIN TYPE AND HOW TO TAKE CARE OF IT
The topic that I will be covering up today is all about different skin types and different products for particular skin type.
This might be obvious for you that there are 5 skin types:
How to know what your skin type really is?
Usually our skin type changes according to the weather that is it reacts to the weather. Making it more clear: it is like sometimes, oily skin tends to act dry. This is all because of the weather and if this is not the situation your skin is same that is it is oily even In winter then it has same skin type throughout year.
Coming back to the question what skin type is yours . So, as we discussed above about 5 skin types as these 5 skin types are as different as different poles, there are different reasons and ways to know what skin type is yours
- Oily skin: If your skin is oily your (t-zone) that is your nose and forehead area tends to get oily soon your skin easily gets prone to acne, breakouts, and blackheads and so on.
To tackle your oily skin you need to change your routine that is your diet and even your products.
So these are my tips to tackle your oily skin.
- No matter what your skin type is the basic routine and code for blemish free normal youthful skin is CTM i.e., cleansing, toning and moisturizing
- So for cleansing use particular face wash that are meant for oily skin. You might be thinking this is so obvious but some face washes are particularly meant to moisturizing that is they don’t really remove the excess oil from your face instead they provide moisture.
- Toning: the reason why toning is important as after cleansing your skin the pores of your skin opens and the chances of dirt accumulating on our skin increases just to close the pores and tighten our skin we use a skin toner .
A home-made skin toner for oily skin so take an empty container or a bottle. Take I cup of cucumber juice (quantity as required) and 1 cup tomato juice and I tbsp lime juice the ratio of the ingredients 1:1:1/2 that is you are going to keep the quantity of lemon half the amount of cucumber and tomato. You can store this toner in a container store this in the refrigerator shake it well and use it will maintain the ph level of your face.
The myth that usually people have is if our skin is oily so why should we apply moisturizer. Your skin is oily it is not moisturized it is the excess oily which is being given out from your skin. So using a good moisturizer is very important.
- Now moving onto DRY SKIN:
how to know if your skin is dry and flaky. Dry skin usually tends to burn and it gets wrinkly really fast.
So these are my tips to tackle your dry skin:
As I have mentioned it above for the oily skin the CTM
routine it applies same for the dry skin but here you need to skip the toning step or do it once in a week cause the toner may sting a bit and the work of the toner is to close the pores and remove the excess oil. So its absolutely ok if you skip the step. Instead I would suggest you to do a deep skin moisturizing mask once a week.
SKIN MOISTURIZING MASK:
I have a couple of skin moisturizing mask which ever is convenient you can choose it accordingly:
1.combine ½ cup boiling water and 1/3 cup oatmeal. After the water and oatmeal have settled for two or three minutes, mix in 2 tablespoons plain yogurt, 2 tablespoons honey, and one small egg white. Apply thin layer of the mask and let it sit for 10-20 minutes
- This mask is pretty much simple and easy all you need is a tablespoon of honey and a teaspoon of milk and olive oil.
3.This is like a deep moisturizing oil mask where all you need is a tablespoon of coconut oil and a tablespoon of olive oil and you can add a few drops of essential oils.
- sensitive skin type:
How to actually identify whether your skin type is sensitive or not? It is pretty much simple because sensitive skin type is the one which gets red easily and is allergic to most of the products
How to take care of your sensitive skin type:
- Now its like I have said this for like a billion times so as I’ve mentioned it earlier that CTM
is necessary for youthful skin and you need to follow it but as your skin is sensitive you need to choose particular products which suits your skin. One tip before Using anything on you face apply a small amount product on your palms just be sure and I would recommend you to use products suggested by a Dermatologist so as to not harm your skin.
How to identify your skin type is combination skin type:
Combination skin type means a mixture of two skin types that is oily or dry
Just to make it more clear it means a particular portion or an area of your skin would be oily and a particular area is dry usually its your t-zone which tends to beoily and the other area to be dry.
How to tackle combination skin:
1 .Ctm- I know I have mentioned it loads of time and yes its important for your skin but now as your skin is dry as well as oily you need to tackle it differently that is a different mask for your t-zone and a different mask for your dry areas………
5.Normal skin: Coming to the last skin type the normal skin. If your skin is normal, whatever routine you are following; I would request you to follow the same and if CTM is not included in your routine, do include it in your routine